SR. Consumer Researcher
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168981
Position Title: Sr Researcher
We are looking for a passionate and data-driven senior consumer researcher who can take on a semi-embedded role with one of our studios. You will work side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, artists and product managers informing game feature roadmaps, player profiling and media targeting, as well as the overall player experience. You will run/lead your research roadmap and be accountable for deliverables in your specific POD while working with the central research team about other products in the portfolio.
What you will do in this role:
- Lead a game title's research roadmap, including the full lifecycle of research projects, and serve as a strategic partner to guide impactful changes in both game development, product and marketing
- Play games in development and contribute to design discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Collect and report on quantitative research (segmentation, discrete choice modeling, etc.) from small and large surveys, navigate and analyze large data sets of player behavior
- Write, code, and improve surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Conduct qualitative research (diary studies, playtests, focus groups, usability tests)
- Manage research budgets and research roadmaps alongside studio leads
- Investigate and report on new methods, run both formal and informal meetings and training sessions with the central research team
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
- Help improve our processes, best practices, learning capabilities, especially on the quantitative front
- Collaborate with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years' experience leading quantitative research projects in the gaming, mobile app or tech space
- A degree in the field of research, statistics, business/marketing or social sciences.
- Statistical literacy (Excel, SPSS, R), and expertise navigating and manipulating complex data sets.
- Practical experience in SQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in survey design and remote testing platforms (Qualtrics, Alchemer, etc.)
- Skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to pilot new methods when relevant.
- Excellent data visualization skills, and the ability to convey complex concepts persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Genuine interest in games, game design and free to play economies for different genres including sport and RPG.
- Track record for close team collaboration and outcomes with a well-informed direction.
- Hands-on approach and attitude.
- Ability and desire to influence stakeholders, bias towards action.
- Interest in piloting cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to the evaluation of games
Community / Marketing Title: SR. Consumer Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.