C++ Software Engineer - Maxis
Plusieurs Emplacements: Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Ireland • Romania • Sweden • Germany • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 168953
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Reporting into the Technical Director, as a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on our client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in C++.
- Implement client features and systems in C++.
- Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
- Work with designers, producers, content creators, and other engineers to design game features.
- Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Debug code to document and fix bugs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all qualifications to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 7+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
- Working knowledge of modern C++.
- Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal) suggested.
- Understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Desktop development experience.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
- Mac development experience.
- Xbox One/PS4 development experience.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience developing large-scale live products.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
- Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 18:10:45.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.