C++ Software Engineer - Maxis
Multiple Locations: Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Ireland • Romania • Sweden • Germany • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 168953
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Reporting into the Technical Director, as a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on our client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in C++.
- Implement client features and systems in C++.
- Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
- Work with designers, producers, content creators, and other engineers to design game features.
- Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Debug code to document and fix bugs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all qualifications to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 7+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
- Working knowledge of modern C++.
- Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal) suggested.
- Understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Desktop development experience.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
- Mac development experience.
- Xbox One/PS4 development experience.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience developing large-scale live products.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
- Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 18:10:45.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.