Senior Consumer Researcher
위치: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 168950
Position Title: Sr Researcher
Glu Mobile, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts (EA); a leading developer of high-fidelity, free-to-play mobile games, is seeking a Senior Researcher that is passionate about gaming, player audiences and interior design to join Glu Research as a semi-embedded member of the Crowdstar Studio.
The CrowdStar studio is a global leader in mobile and social gaming; developing interactive entertainment products aimed to engage, enrich and empower women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we are also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women, but also enriching lives.
For this role, you will be a semi-embedded researcher and have a working understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You enjoy collaboration and working as a semi-embedded researcher that partners with a diverse team consisting of studio leads, product managers, marketing, designers, engineers, and fellow researchers. You can translate business questions, develop and execute a research strategy and provide applicable insights that improve the play experience, deepen audience understanding and inform the product road map. You can identify gaps in our research process and can develop protocols and practices to improve the team and our craft. You enjoy mobile gaming and believe a great player experience is inspired by an understanding of our audience.
What you will do:
- Partner with Studio leads to identify business questions/problems and develop research roadmaps that are aligned with strategic goals
- Identify gaps or areas of opportunity in our player understanding. Enhance research questions to be applicable across the studio or impact strategy
- Guide research briefs and research plans that align with the research questions and goals
- Lead the full research project lifecycle from study design, execution, analysis, to reporting with autonomy
- Lead a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques internally (heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis, market studies, playtests, diary studies, segmentation, survey) and externally (vendors) that tap into current and prospective audiences.
- Provide synthesized and tangible recommendations that facilitate partner understanding and integrate insights into the marketing and product roadmaps across the studio.
- Communicate with different Glu and EA departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
- Play the games in development and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Identify and determine opportunities to improve the current research practice
- Investigate and report on new methodologies to improve research operations with the larger team
- Mentor other researchers, guiding efforts and providing coaching.
- 4+ years experience (or equivalent) leading consumer research or marketing research in fashion, design, gaming or mobile app spaces
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Social Science or related fields
- Experience with qualitative research techniques with some experience with mixed methods or vendor management
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methods from other fields to gaming or other entertainment sectors
- Ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consumer Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Days Open: 126
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.