User Acquisition Specialist
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168929
Position Title: Associate Brand Manager II
What you'll be doing:
- Create and drive the company's growth plan for acquiring new players through focused, data driven, and ROI based mobile user acquisition strategies
- Communicate with product marketing and creative services to ensure existing creative performance results informs creative production
- Drive ASO for assigned titles, including testing and optimization of icons, screenshots, app description, and app preview video
- Track and analyze results to identify optimization opportunities to increase yield on ad spend
- Generate detailed weekly spend and performance reports around trends and key metrics specific to goals and present to studio leadership
- Master and exploit targeting and other tools of preferred partners to efficiently acquire ROI positive users
- Manage marketing budgets across product portfolios
- Source, evaluate and test new user acquisition channels to grow and diversify sources of traffic
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in user acquisition for mobile games or apps
- Bachelor's degree in math, engineering, economics, finance, business or other quantitative field required
- Advanced Excel skills; strong analytics background including data manipulation and pivot tables and data visualization
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on analysis
- Experience onboarding new external partners; setting up IOs, integrating reporting APIs, and testing conversion attribution
- Ability to quickly understand, test, and adapt new marketing techniques and technologies into marketing plans
- Experience managing, growing and optimizing mobile user acquisition campaigns and partnerships
- Experience managing large budgets for product launches
- Experience evaluating creative performance and working with product marketers to deliver feedback to a creative services team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with SQL preferred but not necessary
Community / Marketing Title: User Acquisition Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.