Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168910
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer – II, Player & Developer Experience
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you've ever realised. We're more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we're a vibrant community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you'll feel the and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to excel, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we're going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $295.6 billion by 2026.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company EA's portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure and services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
You will report to Manager
You will get exposed to many technologies as well as work with top-notch game studios around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated Software Engineer to bring new client SDK capabilities that integrate video games with networked services. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo, iOS, Android and new platforms as they emerge.
What a Software Engineer II does within EA's Digital Platform Division at EA
- Design SDK solutions to support our top Console, PC and Mobile games
- Develop SDK APIs to support company-wide programmes across the latest technologies
- Collaborate to achieve high-quality cross-platform products
- Develop the products keeping system performance aspects like scalability and availability, security, observability, in mind.
- Promote the brainstorming on the new products, features, tools and services required by EADP teams & Game Teams
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, Agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, maintenance, and support
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on other's designs
- Bring high-quality software and products with a Continuous Integration, Validation and Deployment methodology
- Use open-source products/tools and Architect the systems for easy maintenance of code and achieve in smaller cycle time
- Hands-on in Coding, Testing and Deployment in the large-scale environments
- Work with Product management and game teams to gather the requirements which will enhance the capabilities of the system
The Next Great Software Engineer also needs to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher
- 2+ years of experience in software design, testing and delivery
- Have programming experience in C++
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Groovy, and Objective-C
- Game Console, PC or Mobile (iOS and Android) platform development experience
- Experience in REST, API and gRPC development
- Experience with Network protocols
- Troubleshoot issues in Linux, Windows and Mac environments
- A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns & System design
- Have working experience building applications.
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience in System Design, Micro Service architectures & Scalable distributed systems
- (oral and written) - of management and a geographically and culturally diverse technical organization. draw agreement over technical matters
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-06 13:39:29.403
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.