Senior Rendering Software Engineer - C++
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 168860
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration (SPARC) Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will be part of a distributed and Agile team, with the purpose of solving technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
The SPARC team is looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to join our team. The Senior Graphics Engineer will guide technical execution of projects across EA Studios and Partners.
What the Senior Graphics Engineer will do in SPARC:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help determine and improve features and own delivery
- Work with the Studio Technical Directors, Frostbite Leadership, and Partners to drive feature execution, optimization, and performance
- Conduct performance reviews of near-ship titles across EA
- Develop graphics features for EA titles and supported engines
- Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, maintainable code with few defects
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA
- Design, author, test, and deploy maintainable solutions
- Learn; stay on top of the latest research in graphics and implementing it in EA's Games
Who You Are?
- 8+ years of C++ graphics engineering experience, AAA experience preferred
- An understanding of modern graphics APIs such as DirectX12, Vulkan, or Metal
- Direct experience with one or more of the following: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, iOS, Android
- A desire to improve your skill set and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
- Experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools such as PIX
- Experience developing rendering techniques, implementing white papers, researching the latest and greatest
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Raytracing or DXR Experience
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k/RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Rendering Software Engineer - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-05 09:46:29.863
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.