Technical Development Manager
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 168839
Position Title: DM
Technical Development Manager
EA Sports Art is a team of Artists, Tech Artists, Technical Art Directors, Craft Directors, and Managers. We collaborate with our EA Sports game teams to provide concepts, characters, lighting, tech art, vfx, and worlds in partnership with other central teams at EA (such as Animation, Rigging, Capture, and Audio) and external partners. EA Sports Art and Technical Art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The teams we support include FIFA, NHL, UFC, Madden NFL, NBA, PGA Tour, and College Football. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
We are looking for a Development Manager to partner with and support our Technical Art team.
At EA, Development Managers coordinate a variety of disciplines including designers, software engineers, artists, QA and other production staff. DMs are the keepers of the project schedule and facilitate the development team’s movement from one project phase to the next while ensuring effective collaboration and communication. DMs report to a Development Director and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure that the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
This Technical Development Manager role specifically focuses on support for our EA Sports Technical Art team in Orlando. The EA Sports Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise and works across three major projects in Orlando: Madden NFL, College Football, and PGA Tour. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
Team Building and Management
- Develop EA Sports Technical Art Orlando team members by identifying resourcing needs and providing challenges and opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential, in partnership with Technical Art Directors
- Foster working relationships within and beyond the EA Sports Art and Technical Art teams, in close (technical) partnership with Technical Art Directors, to help drive projects to successful completion
- Provide line management to employees across departments within project teams
- Participate in the hiring process for new candidates
- Institute and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project level (e.g. Franchise-wide level)
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope in partnership with Technical Art Directors
- Monitor capacity (resource balance) and partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Orchestrate sprint planning and retrospectives, promoting best practices for task tracking
- Build overall project schedules (roadmaps) based on individual task estimates for production and communicate progress to stakeholders across projects
- Maintain and own Technical Art projects and backlogs
- Establish a project budget, determine tasks and their resource requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience within a technical domain
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile in a software development setting
- Familiarity with using JIRA as project management tool
- Experience managing outsourcing teams a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-05 15:19:35.023
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.