Senior Character Artist (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168815
Position Title: Senior Character Artist
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Senior Character Artist to join an established, experienced team of developers working on a AAA first person shooter in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help create the vision and execution of a compelling, immersive experience.
What a Senior Character Artist does at EA:
The character artist is an essential role in video game creation. You will create the cast of characters to populate the rich universe of the AAA action title. A character artist is a dynamic and efficient modeler with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content along with an imagination that is always in motion. Someone who can create amazing models based on 2D concept art or 3D concept models.
The next great Senior Character Artist also has:
- 5+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
- Production experience with character creation
- Excellent creature and human anatomical understanding.
- Sculpting, texturing and game-ready asset creation abilities.
- Experience with PBR materials and shaders.
- An understanding of clothing and cloth materials. .
- Knowledge of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
- Visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Have a sense of ‘story’ and character in a game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
- Sense of proportion and composition with a eye for surface, colour, and detail
- Experience in cloth simulation is a desired skillset
- Experience in hard surface modeling is a benefit
- Character modeling and texturing
- UV layout and all the maps used
- Assets surfaced using 3D paint software, e.g. Substance Painter / Mari
- Examples to demonstrate understanding of physically based material properties
- Stylized assets are a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Character Artist (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-01 20:23:03.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.