Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 168801
Position Title: Staff Analyst
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Data Analyst will focus on data within the Quality Verification team, bringing value for spotting patterns, identifying risk and opportunity. We are looking for a passionate data analyst with a tool belt of advanced technical knowledge with SQL and Excel (can perform complex functions). We will rely on you to build data products to help extract valuable, applicable insights. These insights would then need to be presented in well thought out, logically designed dashboards, for quick and easy access, and interpretation by all parties involved in the project.
- Receive questions from the game team, understand the questions, and determine the data needed to answer them.
- Assemble data from multiple sources, conduct analyses, perform research, designs, documents and implement solution
- Propose solutions and insights to game areas
- Develop scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, and transform data from different sources.
- Present analysis conclusions to the game team in a clear, understandable, and valuable way. Tell compelling stories supported by data using visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau or similar)
- Take ownership for their active projects, always looking for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Build metrics reporting systems and tracks process improvements across the team.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Work with team members and partners.
- Build relationships across the data analyst community, to share knowledge and learn from others.
- At least 2 years in a data analyst role or similar positions;
- Expert data visualization techniques for charts and reports - good knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Have very good database and SQL knowledge, NoSQL and elastic search - Nice to have
- Data Analysis - good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods.
- University degree in a technical field (. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.)
- Good math, including statistics, simulation, and optimization.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken).
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-01 18:34:33.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.