Associate Development Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168799
Position Title: Assoc DM
Associate Development Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
As an Associate Development Manager (ADM), you’ll primarily drive planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build and ship new content, features and games.
You’ll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development KPIs and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve the organization.
As an ADM, your responsibilities include:
Managing the project:
- Act as Scrum Master for a cross-functional development team(s)
- Drive development execution from concept to live
- Create project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and development partner constraints
- Anticipate bottlenecks and risks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive the process forward
Leading the team:
- Own the project schedule and communicate any divergence from the plan
- Report status at regular intervals, escalate urgent issues in a timely manner
- Hold the team accountable to its commitments
- Working with discipline leaders, evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition and constructive feedback
- Educate the team on best practices, processes, and standards as needed
- Inspire and motivate team(s) through personal example
Being part of the team:
- Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
- Form close working relationships with team and discipline leads
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- 2 + years project management or team leadership experience (preferably game development)
- Solid foundation in project management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development life cycles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization Assets
- Game development experience (casual gaming or mobile gaming preferred)
- Familiarity with EA’s mobile products
- Project management certifications or training
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-05 13:18:32.903
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.