Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 168798
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Are you curious? Do you like to learn how software works? Do you like to analyze and challenge software?"
You look at a game as not only a player experience but as complex set of interactions between humans, software (ex: databases, operating systems), services (ex: networks, 3rd party services), and hardware (ex: I/O systems, storage)
Reporting to the QA Project Leader, Responsibilities include:
- Create and execute test strategies and tests cases (White, Grey and Black Box)
- Analyze requirements and technical documentation to gain a understanding of the system under test
- Provide validation of new functionality by using a combination of scripted and exploratory testing techniques
- Develop understanding of systems/area and communicate progress, status and risks
- Identify and report defects and risks
- Partner with developers to understand the changes, collaborate on testing strategy and provide rapid feedback
- Participate in user stories definition, providing feedback, work breakdowns, and estimates
- Be the embedded QA and test expert and mentor in the Scrum team and working collaboratively to deliver features
- Perform root cause analysis on major escapes and help promote prevention initiatives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and prevention efforts across all facets of the software development lifecycle.
- Passion for QA and Testing
- Excellent knowledge of software testing techniques and software testing lifecycle
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in QA
- Full-Stack - Experienced in frontend and backend testing (Required: Black box and Grey box | Asset: White box)
- Have an eye for quality
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and have an Agile mindset
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-15 19:05:43.627
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.