Development Director - The Sims Quality Verification
Emplacement: Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 168793
Position Title: DD I
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
At Maxis, we inspire and challenge each other every day to do our best work as we create platforms that allow our players around the world to live the Sims life. Our games have a diverse player base, and we aim to make our game an extension of our players' lives. Boasting one of the most detailed, and surprising life-simulation engines ever created, Maxis prides itself in blurring the boundaries between life and play for millions of players!
High-level role description
As the Quality Verification Development Director, you along with your team will establish and improve the quality strategy for the game. You have a solid project management background and a people-focused attitude. You will be embedded into and work with the development team to plan capacity, develop test strategies, and improve both the development and testing processes. You and your team will build that strategy, always with the player experience first and foremost in mind. You will report to the head of Maxis QV, and work with other leaders across studios to improve our craft.
Do you love contributing to the development of your team members' careers? You will spend time managing a direct staff of experienced project leaders, including both managers and individual contributors. You will provide mentorship as you motivate your team to implement to the best of their abilities. You will work with partners across EA to find ways to improve the Quality Verification team's operational effectiveness by analyzing business practices and proposing solutions or improvements to existing problems or processes by applying the great talent we have throughout the organization. This role is open to remote work.
- You will be the primary product owner of one or more games from the quality perspective
- You can speak to the project and your team's work in detail
- You are proficient in generating written reports and presentations and can use them to inspire change, report status, and enhance understanding of your team's work
- You have experience working with team members of other cultures and can work a leader within a global team
- You are comfortable with resource management and planning, including financial and project capacity planning
- You can use automation tools and other white-box and gray-box testing methodologies to improve testing efficiency
- You can establish and use product quality indicators to create insight into your product and team's work
- You manage the project through review of scope, capacity and scheduling and can provide return on investment and cost vs benefit analyses
- You can evaluate effectiveness at the individual and team level, and can assess gaps in skills and provide coaching for team members
- You can work with all partners to ensure their support in maintaining quality and project goals and timelines
- You are creative in leading change and in improving team focus and engagement
- You will ensure best practices are followed to protect and uphold product quality with partners and team members across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- You can advocate for and improve upon a culture of quality
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- You have deep experience in the Quality Assurance domain, including:
- 7+ years of experience in game software development environment
- 5+ years project management in a project or equivalent role
- 5+ years experience in a leadership/management role
- You have 5+ years of experience managing people, including managing managers
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- High level of fluency using test case test / Project Management software (JIRA, DevTrack, Testrail, and Hansoft)
- Understanding of the game development product life cycle, from concept to live operations
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - The Sims Quality Verification
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale, état d'ancien combattant, ou encore toute autre caractéristique protégée par la loi. Nous tiendrons aussi compte des candidats qualifiés à l'emploi possédant un casier judiciaire, en vertu de la loi en vigueur. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.
Date Opened: 2021-10-01 17:33:51.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.