Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168737
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We are looking for developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an Experience Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Work with, and take direction from, the lead UX designer to understand and determine goals for UX features on a large project
- Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on feedback from the lead designer, the team, users, and your research
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- Build rapid prototypes for iterative design, ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
- Work with UI engineers to implement design to polish
- Document and promote awareness of UX standards, and push to improve UX design workflow processes
- 3+ years of experience in UX design
- At least 1 year experience working on UX for games or large-scale projects
- Passion for games and user-centered design, and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
- Proficient in user experience design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, or Omnigraffle)
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, or live service games
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Experience or interest in user generated content for games
- Comfortable with technical implementation; use game editors, scripting languages and tools
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-29 21:55:00.62
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.