Development Director, Analytics
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168714
Position Title: DD I
The EA North America Studio Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing insights that inform future video game design across the Action, RPG, Open World, and Simulations (AROWS) portfolio!
We are seeking a Development Director I who will be an integral part of our leadership team. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. Analytics excites you and with your solutions-oriented mindsight, you will come into this new role as a force multiplier for a team, ready to establish best practices and tools that boost efficiency and effectiveness of how insights are delivered and integrated across our AROWS portfolio.
- Establishing direction & strategy for multiple complex projects/teams while ensuring alignment with internal & external leadership
- Monitoring & adjusting capacity plans for multiple complex projects/teams to address skill gaps and identify funding needs
- Owning the budget for multiple complex projects/teams and partnering with finance to maintain a healthy budget
- Being the point of escalation for conflict management and problem-solving
- Partnering with DDs at all levels to train them and provide mentorship
- Establishing and maintaining team health standards through team leaders
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives across full projects or multiple teams
- Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
- Anticipating and solving dependencies between the project and external groups
- Using change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change effectively
- Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog
- Host stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Develop a repeatable structured approach for capturing and describing key requirements
- Create work estimates, track progress, and report status
- Understand the business priorities and keep the team on track by encouraging communication and collaboration
- Drive execution from concept to live (estimates, tasks, change requests, bugs)
- Act as scrum master for cross-functional team(s) including analysts, engineers, and data scientists
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, provide regular coaching and mentoring
- Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
- Establish trust and credibility with team leadership as well as studio leadership
- Coordinate dependencies with external parties across the company
- Take ownership of your role
- Passionate about managing data teams
- 5+ years working as a project manager
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Have experience managing internal and external teams
- Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt
- The ability to comfortably talk across all levels of an organization
- The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
- Strong negotiation, prioritization, and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience working in data analytics a plus
- Experience working in or managing a co-development environment a strong plus
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director, Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-29 20:42:08.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.