Producer (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168673
Position Title: Assoc Producer II
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Animation Producer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who can facilitate communication across the team, support cross-functional workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals.
What you’ll do...
- Be a leader on the Production team.
- Collaboration with leads on capacity planning and schedule management for one or more game disciplines.
- Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
- Be a conduit of communication between departments, and provide support to the team in a variety of different capacities.
- Work closely with the Production team and department leads, identifying and informing the team of any issues or needs.
- Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks and proactively address them.
- Partner with department leads, supporting their teams and their priorities.
- Drive features from initial requests through release.
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Identify and resolve team issues.
- Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department, and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally you will have...
- Experience as an Producer on AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
- 3+ years’ experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
- Strong communications skills.
- Growing knowledge of game development, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
- Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
- Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
- Smart with strong intuition.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
- Intense passion for video games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Producer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-27 23:21:01.063
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.