Software Engineer - Data Pipelines & Applications (Data &AI)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 168668
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The challenge ahead:
The EADP Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access, and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting, and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
- Help define and build a unified data platform
- Utilize a variety of analytics/BI tools and methods
- Develop scalable infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
- Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Work closely with data modelers, business data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
- Serve as a resource to business and technology partners for validation of data used in analytics and assist in the interpretation and use of data as applicable
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent in software development on a large scale distributed system. No Experience required.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Languages, such as Java and C++, in the development of systems, applications, and web services, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses
- Software development knowledge, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and/or large-scale database system, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, SQL, perl, awk, python, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university course projects or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Knowledge of implementation and evaluation of parallel algorithms running on distributed systems, Hadoop/NoSQL stacks, or large-scale analytical/relational databases
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture design and implementations
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks,challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Although everyone is currently working remotely, we’d love to have you could work from our Austin TX or Redwood City CA locations on a longer term basis. However, any EA US/Canada location is fine and exceptionally qualified remote candidates will be considered as well.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Data Pipelines & Applications (Data &AI)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-27 22:25:54.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.