Software Engineer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168658
Position Title: Software Engineer I
SE I- EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing.
You will report to Architect
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is important to making the industry's best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for a Software Engineer I position. As a Software Engineer, you will be an experienced technical member of the central engineering team to design high throughput outstanding services at global scale for our next-generation games. If you like solving complex computing problems, are a passionate team player and excel this is a great opportunity for you.
What Would You Do
You will develop distributed, resilient, globally scalable services in the cloud by using outstanding engineering principles and modern DevOps best practices. Our Software Engineers love to experiment with creative technology, dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who solve complex computing problems. You must ensure stellar product quality, and provide technical inputs to Product Managers as they communicate new product features. You have excellent design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (, macOS, Windows) and cloud programming models.
You will work with product managers, scrum masters, architects, tech leads, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
- Work with PMs, Architects, Network and Systems engineers to understand service and application needs, including build, deployment and management.
- Work in a Agile, Scrum based on Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
- Develop service catalogues and APIs
- You will ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
- Adopt Test-driven Development focused on automation and achieve 80%+ code coverage
- Implement logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry in code.
- communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
- Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
- Adopt clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from Tier I institutions
- 1+ years' IT experience as software engineer in J2SE and J2EE development teams
- Top notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
- Strong Experience in REST API-based Microservices development & integration that includes long running orchestration services
- Experience implementing services with modern authentication using OAuth 2.0, SAML, JWT
- Implementation Experience in RDBMS (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and good SQL query knowledge
- Experience with databases such as Cassandra//Redis/DynamoDB
- Experience or Knowledge to distributed Caching solutions such as Redis/Memcache
- Development experience using Gitlab and JIRA.
- CI/CD experience with Gitlab CI/CD or Jenkins or Maven
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG.
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack
- With an eagerness to constantly learn
- Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience configuring services in AWS(preferred)
- S3, Aurora, IAM
- EC2, AWS Lambda, EKS
- Route 53, API Gateway, Cloud Front,
- Cloud Formation templates, Cloud Watch
- Experience with Container Management preferably using EKS
- Experience with gRPC-based service development
- DevOps experience in Test Drive Development, CI/CD
- Experience on Quality engineering tools such as Selenium, J meter
- Experience working in a distributed global team
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-29 14:56:05.693
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。