Lead Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Multiple Locations: Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Georgia, USA • Illinois, USA • North Carolina, USA • Nevada, USA • Oregon, USA • Ontario, Canada • California, USA • Colorado, USA • Texas, USA • Utah, USA • Arizona, USA
Requisition Number: 168644
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
*Note, we are considering candidates across N America, Remote work is okay*
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing the cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
For this role, you will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and work with top-notch game studios around the world. We develop content pipelines and delivery services that support live games and other company-wide services across EA. We're looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to help lead the design, implementation, and support of these services. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with multiple EADP service teams and game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance to our customers.
- Design solutions to support our top Console, PC, and Mobile games
- Architect complex features and entire applications
- Write and maintain code in Java and Scala
- Lead development of central services to support company-wide programs across the latest technologies
- Work with teams across EADP to foster a cohesive platform for our customers
- Improve systems to achieve highly scalable, available services
- Author and review technical design documents to plan and vet each essential feature
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
- Document and test features to accelerate ease of use and simplify future maintenance of our technology
- Involvement in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering
- Support internal customers and evaluate and debug technical support requests
- Grow and guide other engineers
- 10+ years professional development experience
- Development experience with Java
- AWS, GCP, or other cloud experience
- Experience working within the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Ability to design, implement and scale complex web applications
- Experience with event-driven architecture and systems
- Knowledgable of reactive programming best practices
- Experience operating highly available systems
- Work within a team on source-controlled projects via git
- Experience programming in Scala
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts
- Experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-09-24 19:23:59.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.