Applications Engineer - Devops Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168634
Position Title: DevOps Engineer III
Title: Application Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content, and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and aim to create great experiences for our employees as often as our players.
You will work with a quick-moving team of Developers, Architects, and Designers for scalable, distributed, and performant applications based on a modern tech stack. You will work with other IT and teams in the company to maintain several players facing production systems.
Reporting: You will report to Senior Manager
- Help in improving with automation and other tools to maintain high-availability environments.
- Monitor systems/services/endpoints, exception reporting, and communicating areas of improvement to products.
- Provide technical troubleshooting mentoring to the team
- Quick response and resolution of issues, with proper incidence and root cause analysis
- Work with core engineering and help with bug fixing, system/version upgrades, security patches.
- Oversee uptime Service level agreements and managing ticket queues.
- Present system health and root cause analysis reports to the business.
- Ensure handover/takeover of applications/features.
- Help the team in minimising recovery time for important production incidents.
- Coordinate with engineering and ensure runbooks and handoff documentation are up to date.
- 6+ years of overall experience working as a DevOps/Cloud engineer
- You will work on the large-scale with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security as it relates to the CI/CD process
- Learn new technologies, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Proficient in DNS, firewalls, CDN, SSL, and certificates concepts.
- Understanding of modern web stack.
- Good experience with cloud (preferably AWS) and application development life cycle.
- Excellent debugging skills to recommend technical solutions to restore services/systems in a time important situation.
- Working knowledge of Databases/SQL and networking.
- To have experience with Salesforce, Telephony - AWS Connect and ticketing tools like Service Desk/ Service Now.
- Take pride in achieving excellence.
Certifications- Good to Have
AWS Certified Solution Architect – Professional
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional.
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, Insurance with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer - Devops Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-27 17:46:29.2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.