Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168618
Position Title: Applications Engineer I
Title: Applications Engineer IT Business Management (ITBM)
Report to: Sr. Applications Architect, ITBM
Location: Hyderabad, India
As an Application Engineer you will provide functional, technical and application management expertise in delivery of solutions needed to run IT including Asset Management and CMDB. Application Engineer will be responsible for configuration and customizations and lifecycle management of the application(s) for which they are responsible and will participate in the creation and implementation of technology roadmaps that include periodic application/technology rationalization to realize business value of current IT investments. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years in a similar role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Service focused attitude oriented with the drive to exceed expectations Translating customer requirements into technical solutions.
- Attention to detail when conducting complex problem analysis and proven ability to resolve difficult problems or problematic situations.
- Work across IT teams and business units to create solutions and participate in initiatives Configuring, maintaining, and administering multiple ITBM applications/tools Collaborate with the team to improve and maintain the architecture of existing ITBM products / implementations.
- Effectively work with vendors on complex issues Provides L2/L3 application expertise (as and when necessary, training will be provided where necessary) to ensure efficient day to day operation; Oversight and accountability for resolution of outages in coordination with other groups Provide functional and technical expertise on applications for medium/high complexity projects and initiatives that deliver business value.
- Provides understanding of other boundary system applications which may serve as a data source Provide technical expertise for projects within specific application and/or technology areas using internal and external resources using Agile methodology.
- Deliver medium/high complexity projects by authoring/reviewing functional/technical design specs, leading code reviews and testing using EA’s D&I and Agile/Scrum development methodologies Implementation of enhancements and/or upgrades and ensure that technology standards.
- Support business partners by providing functional expertise for ITBM products and advise on improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and organization structures.
- Ability to stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack Strong sense of ownership ‘can do’ attitude and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a distributed global team and flexible to work during or overlapping North American time zones
- Must have 3+ years experience in configuring and building components in Asset Management or Configuration Management systems or similar complex Enterprise Applications experience.
- Have a strong understanding of software applications and data quality management.
- Experience with one or more of the following: MS SQL, Python, PowerShell and/or Bash scripting.
- Must have strong understanding and Administration experience of Unix/Linux Systems, Windows Server and Desktop operating systems, Databases MS SQL, Oracle Working knowledge of Enterprise networks and ability to troubleshoot network-related issues.
- Proven application and systems troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task Automation and scripting skills focusing on integrating independent services together
BS or other related I.T Degree in equivalent qualification or 4+ years of industry experience in systems engineering/administration/infrastructure with a specialization around on-premise, Virtualization and/or cloud-based architectures What We’d Also Like to See: Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, Desktop, Server and VMware Virtualization Administration Certification Tracks: RCHE/Linux, MCITP, MCSE, CompTIA, AWS, VMWare…etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-30 16:30:55.47
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.