Lead Game Designer (Apex Legends Mobile)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 168609
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Lead Game Designer - Apex Legends Mobile
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
As a Lead Game Designer reporting to the Game Design Director, you will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with our business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players. You have experience working on a live game, with preference being given to those with experience working on Action or Shooter projects. You will demonstrate an understanding of games and player compulsion and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres.
You are a die-hard advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality, thematic content and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a diverse environment.
We've also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotely.
- Play the game and become an expert of the game.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Create IP-correct characters, game modes, and mechanics.
- Develop ideas for content, gameplay, and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Take part in playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Create and maintain design templates.
- Guide change through research and live data.
- Prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Have 4+ years of game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile Battle Royale games.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game or other similar live game.
- Experience with metagame design, social gameplay, and endgame activities highly desirable.
- At least 1 shipped title.
- Current on industry trends including: new game genres, and new game design methods.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, wikis (e.g., Confluence), and wireframing (e.g., Balsamiq, Adobe XD) advantageous.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game Designer (Apex Legends Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 291
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。