Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 168606
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
As a Software Engineer within the PI&E group, you will report to the Director of Engineering.
- You will evolve project statements into preliminary engineering designs and topologies.
- You will expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks.
- You will write code, meet peer-reviewed code standards, use team-selected tools, commit to approved repositories.
- You will track issues, while prioritizing and communicating development progress.
- You will accomplish quality assurance, validation, and stress testing of completed product features.
- You will document and prepare product production changes and contribute to post-mortems for unsuccessful releases.
- You will work with, and contribute to the open-source software Kubernetes community.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of commercial development experience.
- Proficiency with an OO language.
- 4+ years of experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 4+ years of experience of teamwork within a modern service development lifecycle.
- 4+ years of experience building, deploying and operating high traffic services.
- 4+ years of experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications.
- Experience developing multi-threaded architecture in web and data technologies.
- Database experience with relational or NoSQL solutions.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-23 23:13:22.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.