Software Engineer I
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168577
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We are looking for a passionate team member with great technical skills to partner with EA's FIFA QA and Development teams to identify tools, automation and technical strategies with the goals of improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the game delivery process.
You will focus on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment. You will identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will help analyze testing strategies, improving automation efforts and white box testing.
- Work in partnership with Dev and QA to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Help identify needs, and gather requirements, for new tools.
- Identify and recommend debug enhancements to aid testing.
- Help prioritize bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
- Provide technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Perform and support white box testing.
- You will report to the team Development Director and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties.
- Experience with C# or C++.
- Experience with the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Experience with software quality assurance concepts, and debugging procedures.
- Partner with internal customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
- Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
- Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change, in fact strives for it, if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and fail.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-28 15:57:26.37
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.