Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168537
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards
You will report to Engineering Manager and work with your peers to provide excellent services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Develop and maintain automation pipelines in our CI system (Jenkins)
- Work with our internal customers on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor metrics to improve automation systems
- Manage virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs
- Maintain the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
- 1+ year of experience or education in software development, or related discipline
- Experience debugging best practices
- Experience designing and creating automation jobs in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python, Powershell, Batch)
- Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Results oriented and analytical, with a customer and business focus.
- Creative, curious, and motivated to grow your technical abilities.
- Communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Excellent documentation skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with OO languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. Virtual Machines)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ZABBIX)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with metrics gathering and visualization tools (e.g. Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-22 19:14:12.98
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.