Animator (Motion Capture)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168530
Position Title: Animator
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
- Create high-quality body animation art assets for use in-game
- Retarget motion capture body data onto biped character rigs
- Track and clean motion capture data in Vicon Blade / Shogun and/or Cortex
- Work with animation leads and director to agree on visual target benchmarks
- Provide animation feedback and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
- Conduct and complete character rig reviews to refine it for motion capture retargeting
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes
- Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
- Help document workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
- You will report to the Animation Director
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
- Minimum 2 years of motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
- Knowledge of and experience with Motion capture
- Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
Community / Marketing Title: Animator (Motion Capture)
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-21 21:58:49.513
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.