Senior Animation Director
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168510
Position Title: Senior Animation Director
As an Animation Director, you will ensure AAA quality performances across all types of genre and styles in EA’s catalogue. You will accomplish this by managing the work of the animation team on projects you direct, working directly with the senior leaders of the studio and across EA, and ensuring the appropriate technologies, methodologies, and skills are being used to maximum effectiveness.
- Determine, direct and accomplish the vision and quality bar on projects
- Oversee a team of animators to deliver the creative vision for all performances
- Direct the animation, balancing performance, quality and continuity
- Work with the Development Directors on projects to achieve all technical, schedule and budgetary requirements
- Provide daily feedback and direction to the animation team
- Guide the evolution strategy of the animation pipeline
- Establish efficient animation procedures
- Collaborate with Development Directors and Technical Art teams to deliver projects that meet technical and production needs
Working directly with:
- The creative and visual leadership to establish the animation direction, style, quality, and execution
- Designers and engineers to achieve compelling performances that match the overall game quality and expectations
- Technical animators, character riggers and modelers to ensure our characters move & deform beautifully
- Graphics engineers to ensure characters are grounded in the world with VFX, such as grass, weather, shadows and lighting
- Physics engineers to ensure characters align with the physical limitations you determine and work with other characters and the environment in believable ways
Skills you have:
- 8+ years of directing animation with excellent credentials on high credibility AAA games
- A great eye for style and quality, combined with a deep technical skill set
- Team leadership, people and mentoring skills
- Experience in visual and technical innovation
- Able to inspire and lead teams to accomplish high quality within time and budget
- Able to guide a team to balance creative goals with the requirements of production
- Direct actors and other motion capture talent
- Knowledge of common practices and the understanding of industry trends
- Setup and work with animation blending trees and state machines
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Animation Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-23 20:30:40.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.