Software Engineer - Gameplay
Location: Southam CV47, UK
Requisition Number: 168451
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Our game teams are the creators and builders of the exhilarating experiences behind our titles and an exciting opportunity has opened in our Southam studio for a senior gameplay engineer to join the team behind the Dirt Rally games, focusing on gameplay. The team are hard at work having secured the official WRC licence from 2023 and the future looks exciting!
Reporting to a Lead Engineer, you will build exciting game features. In this diverse environment, everyone is encouraged to evolve past their standard daily tasks and to share their ideas. We offer a super social and collaborative working environment, which is important to us, and this allows us to continue pushing the boundaries on what can be achieved. As a senior within the team, you can expect to work on many aspects of the game, which will include end-to-end-user experience, system design and user interfaces to name a few. With these wide-ranging opportunities, we're looking for someone who embraces a challenge and holds a desire to give something new a try.
In time, you will take ownership of a large area of game code, for example you could become a UI specialist or you may prefer to be more of a generalist and help look after several features such as cameras, replays and game modes. We encourage ownership of code so that you can be the go-to person for the team. As a team we are very open to using the latest technology and encourage open discussion about programming and the latest developments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement, and document code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bugs
- Work within a cross-discipline team to develop code, delivering features and tools
- Participate in sprint reviews, sharing your work and providing feedback to help your scrum team be more efficient
- Contribute across the dev teams, encouraging and mentoring the members of the team
- Provide the work that is assigned to you without interference and raise any issues that arise that you are unable to solve
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Excellent modern C++ programming experience
- Previously worked in the games industry on several full-cycle shipped titles
- A conscientiousness approach and have an awareness of the bigger picture of the project and the impact your actions have on its development
- Be enthusiastic about modern development techniques and keen to apply them to games
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Gameplay
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2021-09-27 09:35:09.077
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。