Rendering Software Engineer - SKATE
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168420
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Rendering Software Engineer - SKATE
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we’re bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
Now that we can tell you what we’re up to, Deran and Cuz would like to invite you to apply to our positions if this is the game and team that are right for you:
We started something special back in 2007, it’s time to see where we can take it. We’re looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate’s legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you’re interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are looking for an intermediate Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, and anti-aliasing. You will report to the rendering lead and work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- You will work with Artists and the Lead Rendering programmer to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- You will be involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- You will develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- You will profile and optimize rendering features on GPU and CPU to hit frame rate targets.
- You will work together with the internal engine team to develop leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
- You will work with internally and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- 4+ years development experience working on AAA game products with shipped titles
- Experience with C++ and shader programming languages such as HLSL
- Experience designing and implementing graphics techniques
- In-depth understanding of graphics hardware for game consoles.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
- Understanding of memory management, multithreaded architectures, and runtime performance optimization.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Software Engineer - SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-30 01:04:16.947
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.