Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 168408
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion.
We celebrate diversity and inclusion and aim to create great experiences for our employees as often as our players. We're looking for people that will come to the office or Zoom meeting excited to work and ready for some fun.
The BI Architect will report to IT Director responsible for Company Operations Data Engineering. The BI Architect works with functional users to identify reporting needs to help analyse data and make informed operational decisions.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
- Expert knowledge of the multitude of databases used by our organisation, from both a business and technical perspective.
- Create and support reports and queries in the Business Intelligence tool based on our needs. Demonstrate expert understanding of the data points. Partner with Architects and Analysts to source necessary data, complete data mapping and model. Ensure reports meet accuracy, performance, usability and functionality requirements.
- Serve the Business Intelligence Report Development team as a lead to maintain reports, dashboards, and scorecards that track important performance metrics from different data sources/teams using Tableau/Power BI.
- Use reporting expertise to identify varying ways to analyse data. Have knowledge of statistical tools, ability to identify trends and create reports required by business.
- Create technical and maintenance documentation for reports and end-user training.
- Partner with other Architects for creation of Projects, Distribution Services schedules and developer security.
- Be a source of creative ideas for application design. Develop best practices for application development methodologies. Develop Tableau/Power BI architecture and metrics.
- Develop, tune, install and configure Tableau or Power BI
- Provide hands-on system administration, system maintenance and operations support of the above-mentioned tools on Linux development, test and high-availability production environments.
- Perform periodic system administration tasks including evaluating/reviewing, installing and configuring new software releases, upgrades, patches, and installing and configuring.
- Develop the skills of other team members. Oversee design of applications created by junior members of the team. Provide training to develop Tableau/Power BI, database, or knowledge for other team members.
- Understanding of what new in the market with Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, prior Information Technology work-related experience.
- 7+ years of design in BI environments scaling to hundreds of users and multiple terabytes of content. • Experience in Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience working in Snowflake Cloud data warehouse platform.
- 3+ years experience in Tableau Administration and Upgrades.
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling, database concepts, and the ability to create complex SQL queries.
- background in data Warehousing principles and methodologies.
Community / Marketing Title: BI Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 19:18:31.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.