Manager, Software Engineering - Developer Experience
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 168334
Position Title: Manager Engineering
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone..
Reporting to a Director of Engineering you will:
- Be part of a distributed ~10-15 person scrum team working on web applications and services
- Provide a unique blend of technical and management skills to provide technical leadership,mentoring, and career guidance to a group of engineers
- Coach your team and help them see and reach their potential
- Work with external teams
- Identify the technical impact of production/design decisions and surface the trade offs
- Help promote and champion the culture of performance, maintainability, quality and automation in your scrum team
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design and implement tested, reusable, and modular code
- Oversee technical direction, design and implementation for features within your scrum team
- Participate in project scoping and execution
- Work with both technical and feature product owners throughout the development process
- Provide iterative value for our players, marketing and game franchise partners
- Help build performant web services that power essential capabilities
- Apply your knowledge to find creative solutions for the project, team, and group
- Have passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ year relevant work experience
- Experience with team management theory and how to motivate a team of engineers
- Experience leading a team of 6+ engineers
- Experience managing, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience building powerful, performant web services
- Experience and passion for promoting and mentoring others in software development best practices appropriate for the domain
- Experienced with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience with web platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Software Engineering - Developer Experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-13 17:56:49.917
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.