Temporary Videogame Tester - Dutch
Multiple Locations: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Spain
Requisition Number: 168313
Position Title: QA Tester
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. You will work on different groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to EA's products. With business and project management modules, workflow automation, CRM, Text, Audio, Image and Video asset management technology, EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next-generation platforms.
As a Localization Tester, your main role will be to check the linguistic quality of localized products, and ensure they follow EA procedures and requirements before being certified by EA's Compliance & Certification group.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete assigned tasks, thoroughly.
- Ensure that all bugs, flaws or issues are reported correctly (in English and Dutch) and removed from the product before release.
- Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down or stop testing progress early.
- Seek ways to improve your knowledge of testing procedures and related equipment.
- Follow EA security procedures by taking responsibility for equipment and software security.
- You will report to the Linguistic Team Lead.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English and in Dutch- must be a native speaker.
- Demonstrate an ability to approach testing in a detailed and structured way.
- Interest and knowledge of video games, the video game industry and platforms, including PC, Mac, Consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One), and Mobile.
- Dynamic, player-focused, and team-oriented
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows environment
- We ask that you are at least 18 years old.
- EA offers relocation support for employees joining us from outside of Madrid.
- Please note, you must be eligible to work in Spain. EA does not sponsor visas for this position.
- EA Madrid's work is dynamic. There will be peak periods of activity, therefore the workload and make-up of teams will vary. Regular working hours are 40 hours per week. On few occasions overtime might be needed either on workdays or weekends. It will be compensated with time off.
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
- After your cv validation by the recruiting team, you will be invited by email to pass an online test through an external platform. Stay tuned!
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Videogame Tester - Dutch
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-13 08:45:53.76
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.