Advanced Analyst, Sports Analytics
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 168233
Position Title: Manager, Analytics
EA Sports is hiring an Advanced Data Analyst to support our Football games as part of our Studio Data, and Insights (SDI) team. Reporting to an Analytics Director, you will be part of an analytics team that provides impactful analysis with relevant takeaways for our studio partners.
As an Advanced Data Analyst, you will oversee the design, implementation and presentation of major analytical projects such as: feature analysis, player segmentation, predictive modeling, developing data model and dashboards, and more. You will share your findings directly with the development team. You have a natural curiosity, a passion for uncovering insights from data, and enjoy working with a diverse group of partners and collaborate.
- Navigate ambiguous problems, determine causes and constraints, translate qualitative/quantitative data into applicable insight, and create recommendations
- Partner with development teams, brand management, and commercial groups on the creation of a sustainable, longer term strategy for EA's Football products using known and forecasted data about our players
- Perform market and business model analysis on other sports titles to help guide strategy and feature planning
- Provide data-driven insights, with polish, to senior leaders/executives that influence important product decisions
- Build partnerships across the organization, becoming a trusted partner that can manage expectations, timelines, and risks throughout a project life cycle
- 6+ years experience in an analytical role working performing quantitative analysis with big data.
- 3+ years experience managing your deliverables and producing high-quality results, building analysis delivery plans with clear deliverables, ownership, and communication plans
- A bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics)
- Expertise in SQL and ability to extract data from large data sources with differing structures.
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool (such as R or Python) to perform analysis.
- Experience with data visualization software packages, e.g., Looker, Power BI, Tableau
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Analyst, Sports Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-09 19:27:47.687
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.