External Art Manager
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 168232
Position Title: Outsourcing Artist
External Art Manager
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Provide support to Character and Level Art Supervisors, and manage art created by external contributors
- Provide support to Production - task assignments, task readiness
- Perform reviews of external content at each stage of construction and support xDev team’s feedback to the artists
- Work with Quality Verification to provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
- Deliver and maintain art and build tools to partner studios
- Unshelve, submit and review art assets as needed
- Must have:
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- Experience with Photoshop, Maya, zBrush and Perforce
- Experience working with external partners, understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience in Level Art - props and hard surface assets
- Good understanding of clothing and armour
- Excellent understanding of anatomy (human and animal)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience teaching workflows and reviewing art
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity or comparable)
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with version control and build management database such as Perforce
- Nice to have:
- Experience onboarding new vendors
- Experience with Frostbite
- Desire to travel internationally, confidence using communications tools such as Slack & Zoom to work with remote teams
- Experience with Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter
Community / Marketing Title: External Art Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-07 20:18:35.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.