Gameplay Software Engineer - Central Gameplay Team
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 168230
Position Title: Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Gameplay Engineer is a versatile generalist who will focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as animation and physics. You will implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
- Bring the vision of the Artists and Designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing needed custom code.
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve mechanics.
- Design and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve.
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer - Central Gameplay Team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-10 19:31:14.273
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.