Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168226
Position Title: DD I
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances, and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
QA Manager – SKATE
We are looking for an experienced Quality Verification QA Manager to join our growing Skate team in Vancouver.
You will lead the Quality Verification team's efforts towards building and improving the end-to-end quality strategy for our upcoming Skate title. You understand both the current software testing processes and the future opportunities in using technology solutions and data analytics. You will partner with development, production, design and other quality verification teams to agree on project goals and determine the path to achieve them.
You will report to our Quality Verification Development Director II.
- Lead the quality strategy for the upcoming Skate title that includes software testing and qualitative feedback strategies.
- Manage quality verification teams located in both Vancouver, Canada and Bucharest, Romania.
- Partner with Development to improve the player experience by emphasizing quality verification throughout the game development lifecycle.
- Provide project status reporting and identification/mitigation of risks.
- Share wins and insights with other teams to help all teams grow together.
- Manage resources and planning, including budgeting, budget tracking and project capacity planning.
- Mentor experienced project leaders, including managers and individual contributors to help them succeed in their careers.
- Collaborate with team members to build the future vision for the team and inclusively leading the change.
- Discover opportunities in process, workflows, technology and data analytics to improve the quality verification process to move the discipline of quality assurance forward.
- 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing people, including managing managers
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (such as Waterfall and Agile).
- Understanding of the game development product life cycle, from concept to live operations
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-07 18:45:26.973
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.