Senior Manager - Lead Gameplay
Location: Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 168212
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Our Cheshire Studio has an amazing opportunity for someone to come and lead our talented group of gameplay engineers and join the team responsible for last years critical hit and fan favourite, Dirt 5.
The team have been busy supporting Dirt 5 since its launch with plenty of additional content including new game modes, tracks, vehicles and playgrounds. We are now hard at work concepting the next AAA project and this is the perfect time for someone to join us as we gear up to embark on our next exciting adventure!
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of game engineers across a variety of specialisms including gameplay, AI, physics, while collaborating with other teams working on the project. This role will not solely be focussed on managing however and you will have plenty of opportunity to get involved with the day to day designing, planning and implementing of code.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to lead an established and experienced team, whilst also having the opportunity to be involved in identifying the teams future requirements and be a key enabler in the recruitment process, as we look to grow the team for the project ahead. It is important that you are able to perform regular 1-2-1's and identify their individual goals and interests and then enable them by ensuring the best tools, training and support are provided to each and everyone of them.
Not only will you be instrumental in delivering Cheshire studio's next project, you will become a part of a huge international support network of very talented people. You'll have the chance to attend regular conventions and have other opportunities, such as Dev Days, to interact with a diverse and talented group of developers who are working for some of the most well-known and coveted studios, who are all passionate about making games.
Here's what we need you to do:
- Lead and manage a team at a technical and personnel level
- Ensure that coding standards and guidelines are in place and are being followed
- Coach and/or mentor staff in good engineering practices
- Review your team's progress and raise any problems and delays with production
- Work closely with production to ensure solutions are within budget and on time
- Review and develop staff, working with the TD to ensure your team achieves the highest levels of performance
- Participate in sprint reviews and retrospectives, encouraging your team to share their work and provide feedback to help scrum teams be more efficient
- Work with multiple scrum teams to encourage consistency and quality in their code and designs
- Ensure the team produce high quality plans, technical designs and overviews, providing feedback and monitoring progress
- Work closely with other disciplines such as Art and Design
- Attend meetings with other senior technical staff and feed back on outcomes to your team
- Help to ensure resource and performance budgets are in place and being followed
- Work closely with the engineering team to identify dependencies across the team's tasks, avoiding any duplication and delays from blocking issues
- Work closely with QA to prioritise bugs, ensuring they are assigned to the correct people and fixed on time
- Perform regular appraisals, reviews and objective setting. Handling any disciplinary and performance problems
- Take a major role in recruitment and selection of staff for your team
We are looking for someone that is highly proficient in C++. You will also need to have cross-platform and console experience, with excellent debugging and profiling skills.
It’s important to us that we promote personal development, whilst offering a substantial benefits package including:
- Annual performance reviews and bonus schemes
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 10 free games per year and new console allowance and much more!
We are currently working fully remote however, when it is safe to return to the workplace, we can provide a newly refurbished studio that offers excellent facilities and is a great place to work.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch here at Codemasters and we welcome applications from all programming talent right across the board. We make a concerted effort to ensure everyone feels welcome and we would particularly welcome applications from women and people from under-represented demographics.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager - Lead Gameplay
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-27 09:30:52.193
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.