Experience Designer - User Experience (UX)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168179
Position Title: Experience Designer II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS Mobile is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL.
The EA SPORTS Mobile team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Orlando, Bucharest, and Hyderabad, EA SPORTS Mobile is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
EXPERIENCE DESIGNER – UX
Join the Experience Design Team driving the UX Design effort for our NFL and NBA mobile apps. You will need to promote user-centered design and facilitation. Help guide the direction of the experience with a player-focused attitude as part of a diverse team of software developers and creative professionals. We are all about having fun, taking chances, and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of our NFL and NBA software, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes our franchises so special.
EA SPORTS Mobile is looking for an Experience Designer - User Experience (UX) to join our mobile app Experience Design Team located in Orlando.
- Build relationships while working with a cross-disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet the player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Using words, low-fidelity wireframes, physical objects, space, motion, interaction behavior, and other visual representations to determine how to use a product in an emotionally and resonant manner.
- Framing and solving hard design problems informed by data
- Prototyping representative models of a product or feature for testing to get user feedback, assist with development decisions, and mitigate risk. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes.
- Apply and assist to establish a set of design standards, documentation, and principles that are used alongside a design system of design interactions, patterns, and scalable components to build a product.
- Distill user research, competitive analysis, and feedback into user-centered design goals.
- Apply psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for various abilities, motivations, and needs.
- Organize, labeling and structuring content in a way that is understandable for users/players to allow them to find and move through information and complete tasks
- Help teams empathize with users and advocate for the usability and accessibility of mobile gaming.
- Formal training or 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, experience designer, product designer, or interaction designer.
- Experience designing intuitive consumer-facing content creation tools for a variety of devices or platforms
- You have a broad UX design toolkit for different stages of development (i.e. journey mapping, empathy maps, archetypes, user scenarios, site maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Experience presenting and rationalizing UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences using these opportunities to advocate for players, share knowledge and demonstrate design thinking in action.
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
- Visual design skills
- Knowledge of the NFL and NBA is not a requirement.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer - User Experience (UX)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-05 16:07:46.14
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.