Development Director, Domain Leader
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 168153
Position Title: DD II
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for an experienced Development Director to join our team and oversee our artistic domains/departments (e.g. Lighting, Characters, Environments). Reporting to our Senior Development Director and partnering with our project-based Development Directors, you will ensure collaboration and communication across all teams so our projects are delivered on time, to quality and within budget. You will be a member of our EA Create's core team and work with partners across the business including finance, human resources and operations. As a key member of our Development Director team, there is also potential to step into project teams in the future.
- Together with global craft directors and franchise leaders, determine and share domains yearly strategy, roadmap and plans.
- Define dedicated staff monthly demands to support domain projects
- Determine dedicated Budget to support domains (training, HW/SW tools, travel, …)
- Execute projects
- Point of contact for global programs
- Align teams on domain best practices
- Build core teams for each domain and plan for additional temporary support for the teams
- Quarterly analysis/templates to fill in (staff monthly demands, travel budget, R&O's etc.)
- Maintain and optimize regular resource mix analysis to support leadership's decision making
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Resource Management teams to improve hiring processes
- Oversee permanent and temporary hiring
- Proactively build and optimize resource strategies for the department
- Support staffing challenges for the domains
- Build optimized resource mix and create impact analysis when/if resources need to be shifted
- Oversee domain career management and team development
- Lead domains team meetings
- Coordinate domains trainings
- Develop global department programs
- 7+ years project management or team leadership experience including career development, performance reviews, resourcing and hiring
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- 7+ years of experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- 3+ years experience working in game development
- Background in business management, planning and financial oversight
Skills and Values:
- Passionate about the gaming industry and ready for the challenge ahead. Enthusiastic and passionate about EA Create and willing to use your experience to improve the studio in all areas
- Business savvy with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Pragmatic in your decision-making
- 3+ years of experience coping with conflict and tricky situations
- Advocate for positive change and demonstrated experience guiding new projects to completion
- Comfortable implementing strategies to improve operational efficiency
- A proactive leadership style with a track record in building relationships with your team and peers. Willing and eager to share your knowledge with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director, Domain Leader
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-02 15:07:55.24
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.