Development Director, External Development
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168126
Position Title: DD II
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Come join us at EA and work with us on the growing external development field. The ExDev DDs find scalability and content creation solutions for EA's teams, through 3rd party developer resources.
The ExDev DDs work with client teams such as EA Create and even non-content partners to find content creation solutions and scalability by applying standardized process for requirements gathering, requirements analysis and 3rd party vendor shortlisting, testing and selection, or alternative solutions. Being an information conduit between content distributed development and other EA teams, such as XDI and External Dev teams at other studios. You will report to a senior DD on external development.
- Build partnerships including establishing trust and credibility with EA Studios and Vendor studios around the globe
- Seek knowledge and develop process improvements and apply them to improve us.
- Manage a small team of employees; provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Provide regular mentoring for direct reports; ensure the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices
- Communicate with project teams and coordinate dependencies with external partners
- Risk will come up for you and you need to help develop mitigation plans to help reduce any concerns.
- Take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, while demonstrating a sense of and commitment
- You can help clarify the guidelines for resources bookings and demands.
- Help us improve ex dev processes including using the best tools, review practices and collaborative relationships (within and external to Content teams)
- Report status at regular intervals, escalate urgent issues
- Manage assigned Ex Dev budgets including forecasts for the future with us.
- 4+ years in working external development.
- Prioritize and resolve issues through creative solutions.
- You can developed relationships and help guide within EA and external development partners
- Senior level ability to help resolve and guide others.
- You can present information across a diverse group of leadership within and outside of EA.
- Experience in multiple project management methodologies
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director, External Development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-31 18:14:26.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.