Lead UI Technical Designer - College Football
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 168035
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
You will support NCAA College Football within EA Sports. EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA Sports creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
What you will do:
- You will guide a team of ui technical designers to develop the user interface.
- You will manage the performance and expectations of the ui technical design team
- You will prove out and champion best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable).
- You will advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will coordinate with the Experience Design Director, Technical Director, and Lead Software Engineer to ensure Technical Plans align with the creative vision.
- You will work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to ship.
- You will use both proprietary software and third-party tech to implement the visual design of the UI / HUD within the game.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in UI technical design and implementation
- 3+ years of experience managing successful teams
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages such as Java, ActionScript, C#, Swift, and HAXE to build complex user interfaces
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Experience shipping multiple products from concept to completion
- Experience designing and managing large-scale projects
- Well versed in facilitation techniques that allow groups to build clarity and understanding
- A portfolio of work that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution
- BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, UX/UI/Design Diploma or Degree, or a related area
- You will report to the Director of Experience Design
Community / Marketing Title: Lead UI Technical Designer - College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-01 21:10:50.357
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.