Software Engineer - UI
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 167887
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Our acclaimed Birmingham studio, the talent behind the award-winning official Formula 1 game franchise, are seeking a talented UI Programmer to join them as they continue to evolve the series in exciting and meaningful ways.
Working in close collaboration with the UI art team and the game developers, our UI programmers utilise solid C++ skills with our fully bespoke GUI Tool. We can teach you the power of our tech, all you need to do is bring your flare and problem-solving expertise to implement new UI solutions for both in-game features and navigation.
As a racing specialist, our games are rich with detailed, informative content and data delivered in 2D. We offer a unique set of challenges to present user access to mission-critical material though logical, intuitive and responsive user journeys. Deeply embedded into the user experience both on and off-track, for us UI performance is integral to gameplay, so you will be fully involved in shaping player dynamics right at the heart of our game.
Amongst other things you can expect to:-
- Take an active part in the game design process working with designers and other development departments
- Turn GUI designs into technical specifications and implement resulting generic technology as well as project specific code/logic
- Test and refine GUI features during the development process
- Work with and support other programmers to interface with all project subsystems exposing data to the GUI, including gameplay, networking and physics
- Profile and maintain existing game code
- Work closely with the Technical Director, department leads and programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Strong C++ programming skills in Console and / or mobile game development
- Proven experience and understanding how GUI and gameplay systems are implemented
- At least a full development lifecycle of the above
- Previous experience with object-oriented design, data-driven systems and their implementation
- Good debugging skills
- Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills
In return you will receive:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private health and dental plans for you and your family
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games each year
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry
- State of the art studio and facilities and much more!
We are open to a diverse team and would welcome applications from under-represented demographics. We are a supportive and inclusive culture always looking to widen our representation and reach. This is including but not limited to diversity of;- gender; gender identification; physical ability; orientation; neurological spectrum; cultural experience; ethnicity. We hope that by making this explicit we can encourage people who identify in any way who may not otherwise have applied.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - UI
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2021-08-31 20:05:37.96
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。