Associate Game Designer
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 167860
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
Do you want to be part of creating one of the boldest, most thrilling franchises in the racing genre to date? Look no further.
Codemasters is home to the incredibly talented team who bring you the official Formula 1 series. You don’t have to search far to experience epic racing, engrossing narrative and stunning visuals that the world-class team has brought to date. If you’re ready for the next chapter in your career, then we have a number of exciting opportunities where you’ll have the chance to create and shape the future of the F1 Series.
The Codemasters Birmingham studio is looking for a proactive, conscientious, and creative individual to join their Technical Design team on a permanent basis.
- Creating and configuring game side content, such as AI systems, cameras, and user assists, across a range of gaming platforms
- Writing technical documentation designed to support adopted procedures and toolsets
- Writing Design documents and contributing to game design decisions
- Providing feedback on the work completed by their immediate colleagues
- Liaising with members of the wider team in order to facilitate the resolution of issues and drive forward quality
- A degree qualification in a relevant field/ subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A working knowledge of PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series
- Experience using 3DS Max (or similar)
- Experience using Level Editing software
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- A keen interest in a wide variety of games
- A high level of technical awareness
- An interest in F1 and/ or motorsport in general
In return we offer:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Substantial benefits package including annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension, private medical and dental plans and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year
- Incredible peer community of top-flight professionals in the games industry
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-31 20:05:36.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.