Senior Director Quality Assurance - Studios
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 167835
Position Title: DPD
Head of Quality Verification - Studios
The Development Technology and Services (DTS) team at EA partners directly with all game teams. Everything we do supports providing actionable insights on the quality of our products throughout the development lifecycle. We are a distributed team filled with very creative people; You will work with cutting-edge technologies in an environment that fosters creative solutions to support game development.
We're searching for a Head of QV for a collection of franchises, leading an integrated partner organization for studios including Bioware (Edmonton), Full Circle (Vancouver), Maxis (Redwood Shores) and Motive (Montreal). You will report to the Global Head of Quality Verification, and be part of a dynamic team of regional Sr QV leaders and discipline owners. Alongside your team and peers, you will pioneer new verification practices that are scalable and sustainable in an environment of exponential growth of choice and freedom for our players. You will help set the future direction of the QV discipline at EA, while ensuring we are meeting the highest standards of Quality across your franchises, together with your studio Development partners.
The practice of Quality Verification is undergoing dynamic transformation. Our scale, global reach and connections require prioritization and focus. Your ability to switch priority areas and altitude, and your collaborative nature ensures that you excel at working with multiple partners.
- An accomplished people manager and team leader. Set inspiring and measurable goals, guide the team towards them and measure progress
- Partner with other Sr leaders to build and influence a culture of change and new ideas within your immediate team and partner groups
- Participate in strategic programs that improve or transform quality practices and Quality Verification at EA
- Partner with your franchise leaders and QVS Sr leadership team to review financial, resource and execution plans
- Set an inclusive culture. Be communicative and an agent for constructive change within QVS and your immediate team, through town halls, reviews, and workshops
- Provide necessary oversight for and monitor execution of Quality Verification strategy on each of your franchise teams
- Develop an understanding of the development practices and frameworks in use and how to influence how they are adopted
- Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports. This includes plans to improve quality product delivery and more efficient ways of working. Focus on value and measurable impact
- Oversee all financial, resource and headcount planning within your franchise teams
- Deep engagement with partners in Development. Focus on mutual influence towards shared franchise goals
- Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls. Commit to predictable delivery and risk management
Who You Are:
- You are a people connector who inspires others towards shared goals. You pioneer change
- Experienced with data-informed decision-making, using business expertise
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient in project and change management
- You can track, model and present information in engaging and insightful ways
- You have 10+ years of work experience in a related field (software/game development, or related business management expertise)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director Quality Assurance - Studios
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-26 14:13:53.4
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.