Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167741
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture/Virtual Production team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography tools.
EA Worldwide Studios Content is looking for a Technical Artist for Create Capture, in our Vancouver facility. You will have technical experience in the entertainment or game development industry. As a Technical Artist in Create Capture, you will work together with the Motion Capture Specialists to prioritize and troubleshoot technical issues and will work towards implementing solutions for process and pipeline development, as defined by the Technical Director.
You will have an in-depth knowledge of different working data pipelines and having experience with tool support.
The Technical Artist will provide technical insight and will support other Experts within Create Capture while attending meetings, and discussions about upcoming motion capture sessions.
You will learn custom toolsets and workflows; to maintain the highest data quality and throughput, Create Capture maintains many custom solutions for the motion capture process, and logs the data in a database network, as it flows through the stages of processing. Familiarity in maintaining and rectifying record-keeping systems, such as Shotgun and MySQL, is a requirement.
As a Technical Artist, you will work with the motion capture specialists within Create Capture to investigate and resolve technical issues for project-wide problems.
You will work with other Technical Artists to investigate and implement new techniques, including the development of custom tools for workflow improvements and automation efficiencies per the technical vision of the Technical Director.
- Support motion capture specialists within Create Capture to troubleshoot and resolve technical motion capture issues, including associated proprietary toolsets.
- Create and support motion capture acquisition and post-processing pipelines and tools.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to create custom scripts and tools to help support data processing needs.
- Support the technical maintenance of a large optical motion capture installation.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts with technical scanning system issues.
- Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Experts within Create Capture.
- Create technical documents.
- Work with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to support solutions to project-wide problems, as defined by the Technical Director.
Requirements & Skills:
- At least 4 years experience in tool support and data pipeline support.
- At least 4 years' production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, etc.).
- Production experience with record-keeping database systems (Shotgun, MySQL, etc.).
- Production experience with compiled application development (C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with game engines or real-time tools (Unreal, Autodesk MotionBuilder).
- The ability to work quickly in a live production environment.
- Experience in the entertainment motion capture or game development industry, working hands-on with data acquisition and processing.
- Experience working with industry-standard motion capture applications (Vicon Shogun/Blade, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting large-scale motion capture systems and configurations.
- Experience with facial capture and HMC technology.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-19 21:32:54.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.