Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167732
Position Title: Audio Artist II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
You are an experienced sound designer and gamer who has a unique commitment to making worlds come alive. You are a story-teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You flourish when you are a part of a highly motivated team that collaborates in a trustworthy, creative environment. You strive to improve and better understand your craft and possess an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience.
- Design, create and deliver an innovative sound design that helps create amazing worlds for our players.
- Imagine, build, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, meaningful aesthetic behaviours.
- Embrace the established BioWare audio model of teamwork throughout the development process.
- At least 2 years industry experience – has created sound, and/or music, hands-on for at least one AAA console titles.
- Proven experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice-over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Proficient command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes, and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task.
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus.
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with knowledge of recording gear, microphones, and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical.
- Excellent communication skills – showing humility in exposing roadblocks or requesting assistance.
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration and sharing - you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere.
- A passion for video games and understanding of the role that audio plays in the player experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-19 03:03:50.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.