Associate Quality Designer - Sports Tech
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167702
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Reporting to a Development Director, the Lead Quality Designer is passionate about security operations and how we provide a fair, fun, and safe environment for millions of players every day.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
- You will become part of a multi-discipline team of developers, leaders, and other experts on a mission to determine new player experiences
- You will be a true Leader for your team- mentor a team of QV Testers and QV Analysts tasked with creating comprehensive test plans to ensure functional and penetration tests are completed.
- You will manage the testing team: ensures effort, services, and schedule are aligned end to end for the Security features.
- You will assist the management team in improving the efficiency of our processes and identifying opportunities for automation and implementing industry best practices.
- You will develop working relationships with your immediate team and partners that influence the completion of projects.
- You will set the standard for good security testing and establish testing frameworks.
- You will communicate progress, challenges, risks and mitigations, milestones, and achievements to multiple levels of leadership within EA SPORTS with transparency.
- You will provide effort, bug estimates, defect management and tracking reporting.
- You will assist with resource planning and team forecasting.
- You will create an inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team.
- You will mentor junior team members to further develop their skills and domain expertise.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented with strong observational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- You have experience with information security or game security
- You are comfortable with penetration testing tools such as Fiddler
- You are familiar with static analysis tools such as Ghidara
- You can create test suites that are automated using scripts/software
- The ability to work with remote teams spread across multiple time zones
- Drive and self-motivation, with the ability to learn quickly and retain a high level of detail
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - Sports Tech
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-19 23:11:07.95
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.