Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 167694
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Hyderabad, India
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. Our team, the IT Player Experience Engineering team goal is to build Web and Mobile applications to improve the player experience of millions of players worldwide. If you are passionate about leading teams to build scalable web applications then this is a great opportunity for you Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Title: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director, Software Development
- Lead a team of 8-10 Developers
- You will develop high-volume, high transaction-based web applications
- Initiate and create experiences in partnership with distributed teams to ensure the architectural vision is supported and delivered to the highest standards
- Track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
- Estimate engineering effort during different stages of project life cycle
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from beginning through integration, staging, and production environments
- Exhibit creativity while collaborating and working with excellent designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers
- Find qualified candidates
- Coach, mentor the development team and build happy and successful team
- B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA with 10+ years of experience building and delivering complex mission-critical applications and projects.
- You would be having technical and hands-on background in Architecture and development.
- Experience building, developing engineering functions that includes large teams (preferably 8+ team size) that are globally distributed with continuous development & testing model being practised.
- Have managed 8-10 direct reports.
- coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
- Have experience leading one scrum team ( 10+ people)
- RDBMS fundamentals and exposure to No SQL (MongoDB)
- AWS ( EC2, S3, Serverless, Step functions, API gateways)
- Containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Kafka, Elastic search and Mem Cache
- Have delivered large projects with distributed teams using Agile methodologies.
- Good Architecture and Design Skills and exposure to modern architectures
- Microservices architecture and development experience
- Are willing to code and take development activities.
We love to brag about our great perks like the Global fitness programme, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realise it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-17 17:15:40.123
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.