Lead Game Designer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 167581
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Lead Game Designer
Location: EA Hyderabad, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than a few hundred mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
At EA India, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
The key responsibilities of the Lead Game Designer are to partner with the Producer, Product Owner, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals as well to assist other content designers and to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
You’ll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development KPIs and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve the organization.
How your day would look like:
- You will be the key pillar in ensuring the Game Design is at a highest standard while motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
- Collaborating closely with all disciplines – engineering, art, QA, etc. – to implement features, systems, and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution create the best possible game
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Present design and design decisions to studio leadership and executive partners.
- Work on the future of the design direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
- Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes, and role model a commitment to learning
- Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can thrive.
Who fits the bill:
- 4+ years of experience on mobile games or games as a live service.
- 1+ years of experience working with a team of designers
- You are knowledgeable about mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- You are self-motivated, proactive, and able to oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- You are open to ideas, criticism and engaging in healthy design discussion
- You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
- You can work closely with a large team through all phases of development.
- Knowledge of NBA games and NBA as a sport is a plus.
- Familiarity with sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-03 08:20:03.373
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.