C++ Engineer Co-Ops (x4) - NHL (January 2022 - 8 Months)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167571
Position Title: Intern General
Write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video and audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- Working towards a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger to solve complex problems.
- Experience with another programming language(s) (C#, Java) and platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Knowledge of HTTP communication and RESTful services is a plus.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git and/or Perforce is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Engineer Co-Ops (x4) - NHL (January 2022 - 8 Months)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-24 23:29:50.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.